Tennessee Housing Market 4th Quarter
The housing market continues to improve, especially single-family homes. [more]
Expectations for Nashville Economy
David Penn's presentation to Nashville Risk Management Association Feb. 14
Tennessee Economic Indicators
- Seasonally adjusted initial claims for unemployment insurance in TN increased in Jan. following a large decline in Dec. The less volatile trend continues to show improvement, however.
- Permits issued for single-family home construction in TN fell again in Dec, the 2nd monthly decline following a large increase in Oct. The trend continues to show improvement.
- Tennessee unemployment rate remained at 7.6% in Dec., down from 8.5% a year ago.
- Seasonally adjusted nonfarm employment for TN gained 3,000 jobs in Dec. from the previous month. Over the year, nonfarm employment has gained 36,400 jobs, up 1.4%.
- State sales tax collections up 5.1% in Dec. over the year (seasonally adjusted), the largest rise since June 2012.